On Wed,  4 Jul 2001 01:55, Larry V. Streepy, Jr. wrote:
> Pete, once again you've amazed me by dropping into sarcastic tones and
> some false sense of superiority when responding to a reasonable email.

And I am constantly amazed by the people who gather to insult me after it. It
seems to give them some sort of satisfaction to chastize that baffoon Pete.

> IMO, anyone
> that is responsible for setting up a build system HAS to understand some
> level of programming and simple flow control is readily understandable.

Well luckily I don't see that. Considering that most of the build files I
have setup are for people who think Javascript+HTML is programming ...

...snip rant...
> And I disagree that telling us to go learn another language/system is a
> reasonable solution to iteration.  Basic iteration, which will probably
> cover 90% of the needs I've seen discussed on this list, is trivial to
> implement directly within ant.

thats nice. So what about that 10% who aren't covered?

> Now, hopefully, I'll get some other response than sarcasm or
> condescension.

nope. You haven't added anything new to conversation, nothing that wasn't
already known and your comments are laced with the superiority complex that I
seem to have.

> In fact, I'd like to hear from the other commiters, or is Pete speaking
> for the group on this issue?

probably not but there only needs to be one -1 ;)

Cheers,

Pete