On Wed, 4 Jul 2001, Bernd Gruendling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I was totally sure an comment ended with "-->"

it does.

> and everything before that being ignored by the parser.

Not quite, see <http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-xml-20001006#sec-comments>.
Everything except a the string "--" will be ignored.  The reason given
is compatibility with SGML, which means a strict parser wouldn't allow
-- inside a HTML comment either.

> Done too much HTML?

Be careful when you switch to XHTML then 8-).  The problem is too much
sloppy parsing, if you want to call it a problem.  Browsers tend to
accept almost everything to make up for people who don't care (or
FrontPage).

Stefan