On Tuesday, February 12, 2002, at 06:06  PM, Diane Holt wrote:

> --- Scott Ellsworth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> After looking at the various solutions for including a list of zips, I
>> am looking at modifying the zip task for my own needs.
>
> Gee, I take it this means you didn't care for my Pinot-based
> solution? :)

Hee.  As I learned in grad school, don't drink and derive.

>> I propose the attribute name "silent-fail-on-missing-source". If there
>> is one the committers like better, I am open to suggestions.
>
> I think "quiet" would probably do it (see the Delete task's "quiet" --
> it
> means don't bark if the file can't be found [or deleted, which in your
> case would amount to: be read]).

Works for me.  Shorter, too.

>> I would prefer a "zipfilelist"
>
> You can already do that, so long as all the files in the list come from
> the same directory base (ie., if they're all in either the specified dir
> or in subdirs of it). I thought your problem was you couldn't have a
> generic target, since you couldn't know whether there would even be any
> extra files at all -- ie., having a <jar> task that included:
>   <zipfileset dir="<whatever>" includes="${extra.zips}"/>
> would bomb if "extra.zips" wasn't set to anything.

It does, though, if you use

  <zipfileset src="${extra.zips}" />

and extra.zips does not exist.  (or is a list)

Assume extra.zips is set to first.jar

If you use
   <zipfileset dir="<whatever>" includes="${extra.zips}"/>

you get a zip file containing the first.jar file.

If you use
  <zipfileset src="${extra.zips}" />

you get a zip file containing the contents of first.jar

> But as it turns out, I just tried it, and it doesn't bomb, so I think
> you're already there, without having to make any changes, assuming you
> only ever need to list extra files that come from a common directory.

If we could make it work with the src attribute, I could live without
the zipfilelist thing, but I suspect there might be argument unless we
add the quiet attribute.

Scott