On Saturday, January 4, 2003, at 11:38  PM, Steve Loughran wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Erik Hatcher" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Ant Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, January 04, 2003 15:52
Subject: Re: Ant Core Task Quick Reference

Its always been my goal to generate a quick reference of Ant
tasks/datatypes, and we achieved this goal mostly already and its
dead-on 100% accurate with how Ant works, rather than the current HTML
documentation which may (or may not) have holes in which
attributes/elements are shown.  Generating from XDoclet will ensure
accuracy and allow attribute/element descriptions to be where they are
defined rather than separately maintained.
How do you propose we go about docing nested elements?
I'm not sure how it will play out.... but probably just recursively document them with the stop logic being when it hits a datatype, since these will be generated separately.

So as far as what we put on Javadoc comments and @tags, it would be the same as top-level task elements.

I've just now gotten it working again with XDoclet 1.2 and committed my stuff to XDoclet's CVS last night, the first version of it. I plan on making an Ant task wrapper similar to things like <ejbdoclet> and <webdoclet> and let it contain the <taskdescriptor> and <taskproperties> subtasks (names subject to change, of course.

Erik