From: Scott Rickard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 03 January 2003 17:59
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Problem with JUNIT/XERCES

Hello All -

I am attempting to upgrade my production build environment from ANT 1.4.1 to
ANT 1.5.1, using the precompiled binary distributions.  I am running under
IBM JDK 1.3.0.3 on AIX 4.33ML10.  Under ANT 1.4 I had no problems with my
junit tasks, but under 1.5.1 I receive the following error message in my
JUNIT tasks:

[junit] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
org/apache/xerces/jaxp/DocumentBuilderImpl, method: parse signature:
(Lorg/xml/sax/InputSource;)Lorg/w3c/dom/Document;) Incompatible object
argument for method call

This only seems to be affecting my 'optional' tasks, as the standard compile
and jar tasks I use work fine, and even PMD works fine.

I have already attempted upgrading my xalan and junit packages to the latest
levels(Xalan-j_2_4_1 and JUNIT 3.8.1), and the error persists, even with the
latest stable versions of all the code.

My classpath contains the proper jarfiles specified by the documentation,
and I've been using ant (since 1.2 beta release) for about 2 years now, and
never encountered a problem such as this.  I need to move to ANT 1.5.1 to
add in support for a PMD requirement, and I am stuck!  I have searched the
archives, and seen several posts like this, but none offered any
workaround - can anyone offer any insight into this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Scott Rickard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]