> Does anyone have any recommendations for this. My initial thought was to
> have a master build.xml file that calls into the component's build.xml.
> But after doing to investigation I came across a couple of tools that
> seem to be designed for this problem: AntHill, CruiseControl & Gump.
> Does anyone have any recommendations as to which one is better?

AFAIK, Gump is rather a Nightly-Build server - it doesn't monitor the vcs.

We are currently using Cruise Control and it works well. The only drawback:
there is no dependency checking supported by CC, so you have to do this via
Ant if you don't want to do a full build of all projects every time.
Possibly AntHill is better suited in this regard.

Another option would be to use Integration Guard:
http://iguard.sourceforge.net/
Can't tell you much about it, though...

Regards, Ilja

--
++ wir optimieren Ihre Informations- und Kommunikationsprozesse ++
++ disy Cadenza: Informationsintegration am i*net Arbeitsplatz ++

     Ilja Preu?                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
     disy Informationssysteme GmbH               http://www.disy.net
     Stephanienstr. 30                           Tel: +49 721 1 600 624
     D-76133 Karlsruhe, Germany                  Fax: +49 721 1 600 605

++ Weitere Informationen finden Sie unter http://www.disy.net ++