See: http://archives.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=ant- [EMAIL PROTECTED]&msgId=502447

This was a comparison Steve and I did in our book, be sure to see the attached PDF file there.

Update: we are now using Anthill *and* CruiseControl just because we can and its interesting to compare them. I wholeheartedly recommend Anthill. Since writing about Anthill, I have met and become good friends with Maciej Zawadzki, the creator of Anthill (so there is full disclosure, in case bias is perceived :).

The e-mails we get from CruiseControl are prettier, since we are using the HTML e-mailer and are able to see our build, unit test, and repository results all in a nice view without having to scroll through the actual build file.

But, the counterpoint is that we push our <junitreport> results to the Anthill output directory automatically and can view them through our intranet with a browser, and this is something that seems to be rather difficult (e.g. we haven't configured it yet because it wasn't worth the time/trouble) with CruiseControl. Also note, we are not running the latest versions of either of these tools - what we have running works well enough and so we have not had a need to tinker with those tools.

So, the short story: use Anthill. If that doesn't meet your needs, then first get in touch with the Anthill e-mail list to see if your issues are already resolved or it is an easy fix. Maciej is very active with and the open-source version of Anthill is still very much alive and well, with Maciej's full commitment to it already being explicitly stated on their e-mail list recently.

Erik

p.s. I also have found it disheartening that CruiseControl was so difficult to configure initially, and that it had such hard-coded settings in their WEB-INF/web.xml that had to be changed, rather than Anthill's elegant easy configuration from a web browser. I suspect these issues have been addressed at least partially by the CC team, but it was an afterthought rather than being done from the start.