All,

If it's *your* table, you should be able.

Again, I disagree. Just because you have a copy of the routing table
doesn't automatically put you in a position to know what is going on with
each entry present in that table.

But please keep in mind than one event or a handful of events shouldn't
> justify an investigation, or handing a case to "experts".

The current policy proposal doesn't have text to support this.

If the issue is fixed and the issue originator isn't always the same, then
> no real need for an investigation. Maybe the amount of text on the current
> version fades a bit the two main concepts of "persistent" and
> "intentional".

I am in agreement with you on this.

There should be enough "trail" to justify starting an investigation...

If the person submitting a report isn't in an authoritative position to say
whether or not an announcement was a hijack, there isn't a good enough
"trail" to justify starting an investigation.

 The "proposal". It's just a proposal...! :-)

I agree that there isn't a way to measure how many people around the

world would not resort to hijacking if this proposal was in place today

My apologies for misspeaking on that one.  Any references I may have made
to 2019-3 as a "policy" should read as "policy proposal".
Just because a policy proposal has the chance to discourage bad actors
doesn't mean we should ignore the potential consequences of implementing
the proposal.

Jacob Slater