On Friday, November 8, 2002, at 06:42 AM, Dossy wrote:

I don't understand why people are looking for "wider adoption of
AOLserver" or "as much publicity as Apache" or whatnot ... while it's
nice having a large community of users, some of which might contribute
back to the open source project ... having a piece of software that
enables the right folks to meet business goals ... that's incredibly
valuable already.
Because those of us who are already out there selling it find that in
many places, they won't even consider running a web server that the CTO
has never heard of.  If it ain't written up in Business Week, or
whatever the current magazine of choice is, it doesn't exist for them.
 The more widely adopted it is out there, the more big names we can
point to who are already using it, the easier time we'll have.  And no,
AOL doesn't count - too many people have either had problems with their
service or have lost money on their stock, and the name AOL is actually
a turnoff to those folks (sorry).

janine

--
Janine Sisk