From: AOLserver Discussion [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Simon Millward
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2002 6:32 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [AOLSERVER] Emacs indents for tcl and C

Ah, but again you're just talking about your situation.

And I have to say you're wrong. Reading code is what its all about after all. Think about it, its how 'readable' some code is that the standards try to push.

By adopting *one* way a formatting code for *reading* you allow everyone to sing off the same hymn sheet, it therefore makes sense to adop that *writing* style yourself. If you want to deviate form that for your own personal use then I'd suggest the owness is on you to have tools to allow that, not to expect everyone else to have to adopt things to cope with your requirement. (like tabs)

And, if you're like us and you  use pair-programming, it becomes doubly critical :o)

Plus, Tabs suck! ;o)

Cheers
Simon

Dossy wrote: