In a message dated 11/22/2002 11:26:08 AM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I will double-check this here but I have to agree with Rob.
The ncp channel is NOT encoding-aware. You should not
interpret (test/make_conclusion/etc) based on typing into
the ncp alone. I have an encoding-aware modified ncp which
I'm using when debugging such issues.
If anybody has the answer ready, the better. If not, I'll
try to see what's wrong.

Agree - it's nscp's very simple read code which eval's strings directly without converting to utf8.  I suppose we could assume latin1 input and convert to utf8 or perhaps provide a command to set the nscp encoding.

-Jim