In a message dated 11/22/2002 11:22:20 AM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

BTW, this is exactly the same problem that I described in
<http://dqd.com/~mayoff/encoding-doc.html> two years ago.

...which, btw, is the guide I used add encoding support to aolserver 3.4 and 4.0.  It's a very good review of these issues - I recommend folks read it through it.  Note that I didn't implement everything Rob had done - I just added the basics which work for ADP if file extension mappings are setup properly.  A good first step for the core team could be to rationalize this stuff.

-Jim