On 2002.11.23, Zoran Vasiljevic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Using my encoding-aware nscp:
[...]
> $m is the same as $u

Very cool!  Is there a reason why we wouldn't want your changes to
nscp checked into CVS?

> > Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
>
> As already posted to the list: the nscp trashes encoding.

Right.  It appears the ADP processor does, too.  Matter of fact,
it sounds like a lot of places might be doing it ... (I suspect
the DB interface also does it, but I haven't checked.)

> But, the initial question was about the memory corruption
> wasn't it? Somehow you got complaints from the memory
> allocator which I'm not able to reproduce. Now, what was
> the corrective measure again? It did have to do something
> with nsv_* arrays, did it?

The initial error I was reported was:

    alloc: invalid block: ff2bb898: ff 70 0
    alloc: invalid block: ff2bb898: ff 70 0

There were probably 200,000 nsv arrays created, using about 300 MB
of memory.  I'm only guessing at these numbers -- I didn't have the
opportunity to take actual counts before the thing croaked.

After modifying my application to periodically nsv_unset when they are
no longer needed, the error has gone away and the server hasn't crashed
since.  I might have just been hitting some limit somewhere with the
number of nsv's ...

-- Dossy

--
Dossy Shiobara                       mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]