> > The ncp channel is NOT encoding-aware. You should not

> Agree - it's nscp's very simple read code which eval's strings
> directly without converting to utf8.  I suppose we could assume
> latin1 input and convert to utf8 or perhaps provide a command to
> set the nscp encoding.

Tcl has APIs for this (Tcl_ExternalToUtf* and Tcl_UtfToExternal*).
I've not used the nscp so I've never seen this issue, but it's
fairly easy to see that Dossy is just getting back the result of
the original string encoded in utf-8 (the A-hat's give it away).

  Jeff Hobbs                     The Tcl Guy
  Senior Developer               http://www.ActiveState.com/
      Tcl Support and Productivity Solutions