Jeremy Cowgar said:
> redistributing it) and also that the speed of AOL Server is severly hit.
> Is this the case or do I have a special case?
When you use a generic tool, that will always be the case, unless you are
a seriously bad programmer. I never really used OpenACS, but looking at
ACS 4, the motto of "everything in the database" seemed to get a little
counter productive. Yes, the database did it in less CPU cycles then
DB+AOLserver, but it put more strain on the DB then needed and while
adding more webservers should be trivial, maintaining a database cluster
or moving your database to bigger machines all the time as you grow is a
major PITA. I wonder if OpenACS is like that too.

Bas.

To Remove yourself from this list: http://www.aolserver.com/listserv.html