On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 10:08:14AM -0500, Nathan Folkman wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 18, 2003, at 09:54 AM, Dave Bauer wrote:
>
> >This is interesting. OpenACS has recently greatly increased is speed.

> This is great news! What areas did you see the greatest amount of
> performance improvement?

I hear Don Baccus sped up the permission system a lot in OpenACS
4.6.1.  There a system-wide coherent API for cacheing of database info
coming for 4.7, I think.  I don't remember if there was any other
important performance work or not, but apparently dotLRN in particular
has been driving scalability work.

In addition, there are some switches (e.g., "performance mode")
already implemented in the code that are easily toggled by the admin.
There are also other tweaks that are known, but I think not yet
implemented with any easy admin-flippable switch.  E.g.:

  http://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=78154

--
Andrew Piskorski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.piskorski.com