> Then why are you asking?  If you already did all the work to avoid
> using OpenACS, then of COURSE switching to OpenACS would be extra
> work, certainly counter-productive in the short term, and perhaps even
> counter-productive in the long term as well.  Seems to me you are
> taking the work put into your existing system as given, and pretending
> you got all that for free, which ain't so.

The answer which allowed me to develop the system I was talking about above
originated from this thread. The answer that I used was posted on Saturday by
Patrick Spence. The thread originally started on the 15th. I have not posted
to it after Patrick helped me out, it has just continued to evolve from other
people posting (which is great by the way).

> Ah, so your choice is not between no toolkit and the OpenACS toolkit,
> but between the in-house toolkit you used on a previous project, and
> the OpenACS toolkit.  A very different issue.  If you want advice, you
> should probably describe your specific needs and concerns re. OpenACS
> and ask for more details on the openacs.org forums.

I have joined the OpenACS site. I will be playing with it some more these next
few days. I do not have a in-house toolkit for use with AOL/Tcl systems. So
it would be between a simple interface and OpenACS at this point in time.

Jeremy

To Remove yourself from this list: http://www.aolserver.com/listserv.html