On 2005.07.19, Mark Aufflick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Can anyone suggest why this might be happening? Instead of being rolled,
> my access log is gettting removed. Ie. a new one is started each day as
> expected, but the backups are not kept.
>
> My nslog config section is:
>    ns_param   maxbackup          1000

You should be seeing an error in your log from this from Ns_RollFile():

    if (max < 0 || max > 999) {
        Ns_Log(Error, "rollfile: invalid max parameter '%d'; "
               "must be > 0 and < 999", max);
        return NS_ERROR;
    }

Needs to be <= 999.  (Heh, error message is wrong, too.)

-- Dossy

--
Dossy Shiobara                       mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]