The code, Ns_RollFile, is pretty set on no more than 999 files right now. And, In the case you actually have 999 files, it does a lot work shuffling them down. Perhaps it would be better to just have the default be the time format stuff which doesn't need to do all the shuffling in the first place.

-jim