On Jul 20, 2005, at 7:59 PM, Mark Aufflick wrote:

Hmm, I don't see that message in any of my error log files. I have changed the param to 999, but the same thing seems to be happening.

Try 998, maybe the code is written wrong? I haven't seen this particular problem, though I have had my share of log files disappear when we've exceeded the number to keep and no-one noticed. :(

I also notice that my error log maxbackup is set to 5, but i have error.log009...

It has been doing this for a long time; it saves 10 error logs no matter what you tell it, as I recall. I know it won't save less than 10; more might work, but why?

It's a real pain because I'm losing stats :(

The whole maxbackup is a pain because eventually you lose stats no matter what. IMHO it should be possible to tell it to never delete a log file no matter how old, but that has never been an option.

janine