* Dossy Shiobara <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [050824 07:21]:
> On 2005.08.24, Olaf Mersmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Another point I'm still unsure about is weather to ship stripped
> > libs and binaries
>
> No ... please don't.  It makes debugging other people's problems much
> harder if they're running stripped binaries.

Good point.

> > A simple kludge would be to provide a wrapper script to start nsd that
> > sets LD_LIBRARY_PATH accordingly, but this seems like a big kludge.
>
> It's absolutely not a kludge: matter of fact, I think Debian Linux
> requires that paths not be burned into binaries with -R so that they can
> be relocated with LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Ok, I plan on setting the -rpaths to the "default" install directory
(/opt/aolserver/ - any objections?) of the BIA distribution and
include a step in the post-install script, that creates include files
for both sh/ksh/bash and (t)csh that set the LD_* variables
appropriatly as well as a default runNSD script to start nsd with
these variables set.

Another issue I am undecided on is wether to link statically or
dynamically to packages like OpenSSL und SQLite which will also be
included.

-- Olaff