At Thursday 05:23 AM 8/25/2005, Dossy Shiobara wrote:
On 2005.08.24, John Caruso <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> But AOLserver 4 doesn't let you do this, and in fact makes it very
> difficult to achieve at all (much more so that it was under AOLserver
> 3.4.2, as I showed in my posting).

Maybe I'm misunderstanding this, but ... at least for the tip of the
aolserver_v40_bp branch, this is true:

    # Default install into /some/path.
    $ ./configure --prefix=/some/path

    # Actually install into /some/other/path.
    $ make install AOLSERVER=/some/other/path

You may have missed this section from my original posting:

----- 8< -----------------------------------------------------------

# Note that we must configure with --prefix=`pwd` at this point;
otherwise,
# standard module builds will fail, since the generated Makefile.global
# references this path (in other words, it assumes that AOLserver is
being
# installed BEFORE the modules are built, whereas we want to build
AOLserver
# and the modules first and then install them all together in the
%install
# section).  This --prefix setting is incorrect for the install, of
course,
# so we have to override it in the %install section by setting the
AOLSERVER
# variable in the "make install" line for AOLserver.
#
echo "===== AOLserver make ====="
pushd %{AOLSOURCEDIR}
./configure --with-tcl=%{TCLLIB} --enable-symbols --prefix=`pwd`
make LDRPATH=%{RUNTIMELIBS} CCRPATH=%{RUNTIMELIBS}
popd
As I've emphasized throughout, the issue of building modules makes packaging AOLserver 4 that much more difficult (and it would be nice if any solution to these problems also propagated to modules as well, or if the standard module build methodology could be more final-location neutral).

- John

-- AOLserver - http://www.aolserver.com/

To Remove yourself from this list, simply send an email to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> with the body of "SIGNOFF AOLSERVER" in the email message. You can leave the Subject: field of your email blank.