Hi,

At least the three other major platforms (Java, PHP and IIS) support
sessions out of the box. AOLserver does not.

While I am a conservative session user, I do like them. There seem to be
several dead projects varying in age from months to many years, never
quite making final release (some even staying "alpha") or being added to
the core.

I even started my own, which you can get at:
http://bas.scheffers.net/aolserver/nssession-0.2.tgz

Response hasn't been overwhelming, so I have to ask: do people actually
want this? Personaly, I think it belongs in the core. I even decided to
keep mine clean and simple and pure C so it would fit easily and be
extremely fast. As added bonus, it would also add some much needed
out-of-the-box cookie functionality.

What are people's thoughts on this?

Cheers,
Bas.