On Mon, 2005-09-26 at 07:59 -0400, Dossy Shiobara wrote:
> (Nitpick: I think you mean "same or newer.")

Ok, nitpick proof text to follow.

The client has explicitly stated to support gzip encoding.
The original file exists, is a regular file, and has the proper permissions.
The .gz file exists, is a regular file, and has the proper permissions.
The .gz file is newer than or has the same-date as the original file.
The size of the .gz file is smaller than original file.

> Sure -- I think with a registered filter and Vlad's ns_gzip, you should
> be able to implement this with a few lines of Tcl.

Well of course, I was wondering if this would ever be part of the core?
ns_gzip works well but it is better suited for on-the-fly compression.

Daniel