2012/8/10 Per Tunedal <per.tune...@operamail.com>

> > As Danish is a kind of old Norwegian bokmaal, maybe we could inlude that
> > language too.
> > Then all three languages could benefit from the combined work.
>
> You're right! My hand cream example comes to mind. I quote again:
>
> "On my hand cream I can read "N/D Intensivt mykgjørende/blødgørende
> og pleiende håndkrem/håndcreme.""

:-)

> Just for fun I tried to translate a text in Norwegian bokmål (nb) to
> Swedish with the da-sv pair and just about half the words where marked
> as unknown.

Note that da->sv hasnt been developed nor released at all.

WRT whether GC is available for omega-T or not, I think this is too early
to say anything but that the problem can be solved, and there are many ways
it could be solved:
- GG java port,
- Java port thru LanguageTool,
- Using a locally installed CG (binaries exists for Windows - see
http://beta.visl.sdu.dk/cg3/single/#windows) as an external program
- Make OmegaT use the Apertium web service

Apart from that, Apertiums built-in ruleset might be satisfactory.
It might also be that Francis' work on lexical disambuguation rules could
be applied (which I like because it has a much more Apertium-developer
friendly syntax than CG)

We are near the end of the project period of Google Summer of Code and
therefore I think the right advice to give to Per is: Get started, and we
can promise that something will be ready to make it usable from Omega-T
when you need it.

--
Jacob Nordfalk <http://profiles.google.com/jacob.nordfalk>
javabog.dk