OK. It works, but please explain why it's not enough to compile the
dictionaries with:

lt-comp lr apertium-sv-da.sv.dix sv-da.automorf.bin
lt-comp rl apertium-sv-da.sv.dix da-sv.autogen.bin
etc

How do I know when I have to recompile the whole pair?

Secondly, I'm curious how Apertium handles word splitting. The points in
abbreviations must be handled somehow, wouldn't they? I just thought
about simple scripts for aligning, like Bligner, or even OmegaT. They
split sentences at punctuation marks. Thus, they have a list of what not
to  split, i.e. the abbreviations for the languages in concern. That's
why I started this tread. How does Apertium know not to split? Does the
tagger look for the tag <abbr> ? Is this a standard solution for
Apertium? Or do I have to add it in each language pair somehow?

Yours,
Per Tunedal