To show the translated text with multiple options due to polysemy would
require Apertium to preserve all the polysemous forms of a word in the
Lexical Unit. While this isn't possible as of now, we're working on a
project to try and extend the Apertium stream such that we can include an
arbitrary amount of secondary/optional information.

Once this is done, we can add an option to preserve the disambiguated
option as well as the other possible options in the Lexical Unit, and then
output all of these instead of the one that seems the most likely.

Tanmai

On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 3:47 PM Jaume Ortolà i Font <jaumeort...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Missatge de egea piñeiro helena <helena.e...@rai.usc.es> del dia dc., 1
> d’abr. 2020 a les 10:48:
>
>> How to show the text translated with the multiple options due to
>> polisemy.
>> "The *season/station* more rainy is...."
>>

> This is a recurrent request, that could be useful in some applications,
> but there is no way to do it in Apertium now.
>

>> Also, to study this, I'm trying to find out how to make some changes on
>> the lexical rules (.lrx files) and see an actual change on the output, but
>> the commands through the pipeline doesn't seem to refer to that file. All
>> that I can change to test different polisemy cases are the 'srl' and 'lrs'
>> on the dictionary  ammong the 'D' option (default). I assumed the
>> autloex.bin somehow called the lrx file but I don't know for sure and I
>> couldn't find information so far.
>>

> You can also see examples of lexical selection rules in the spa-cat
> metalrx files. In eng-cat, Marc Riera can tell you how it is done.
>
> Jaume Ortolà

*Khanna, Tanmai*