Missatge de Tino Didriksen <m...@tinodidriksen.com> del dia dg., 30 d’ag.
2020 a les 11:15:

> Why is - a blank in the first place? If it's needed in contexts, it should
> be fully analyzed as a token.
> This goes for all Apertium languages and pairs. I don't understand why
> punctuation generally isn't analyzed. I assume it's just historic.

There are pros and cons. For instance, If you analyze a quotation mark (")
as a token, you need to adjust every disambiguation rule where the quote
can appear (which is everywhere, in fact), and that can be very annoying.

I don't have a definitive answer. My guess (in the languages I am familiar
with) is that most punctuation marks should interrupt the analysis, except
for quotation marks, which should not (with some exceptions in turn).

Are the changes being implemented going to alter the behavior of the
punctuation marks that are not analyzed as tokens?

Jaume