On 06/06/2013 01:58 PM, Kshitij Gupta wrote:
> Hello,
>
> @John as suggested I used the configparser module and as it turns out we do
> have a problem with using it. Actually in the config files at present the
> default section is represented by an empty string (for e.g. in
> /etc/apparmor/easyprof.conf ), but configparser needs a none empty section
> header and hence raises an Error for the same.
>
> I think we should change the format and hence default section headers should
> be something like [DEFAULT] instead of an empty string.

Hrmm, no. easyprof.conf has already shipped, as such unless we have a really
good reason to break backwards compatibility we don't.

Also easyprof.conf is not the config file you should be looking at, or at least
not initially

genprof/logprof have used

logprof.conf and repository.cong

> Also, the order in which the config parser writes to output file is random
> (expected of a dictionary) and not sorted.

Does this matter? Generally our configs and policy have been declarative where
order is irrelevant. However if config parser is not the right tool for the job
don't use it. I have never actually used it, I just know it exists and uses a
format that is close if not the same as what we where using so it is worth
looking at. If after looking at it you decide it isn't the right tool, then
just tell us so and don't use it.