On 07/03/2015 01:30 AM, Fred Baker (fred) wrote:
On Jul 2, 2015, at 4:21 PM, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <t...@toke.dk> wrote:

This is, as far as I can tell from your explanation, different than what
fq_pie does.
OK, apologies for the misinformation.

In any event, the matter is not fundamental to fair queuing.
According to the code and Toke in FQ-Codel there are separate state variables for each queue, whereas in FQ-PIE there is a single instance of state (see line 72-75 in sch_fq_pie.c <https://github.com/hironoriokano/fq-pie/blob/master/sch_fq_pie.c>). This is [should be] equivalent to a PIE queue
which uses FQ instead of FIFO as a child queue.

As I understand the FQ-Codel draft, it seems to be fundamental to FQ-Codel that each queue has separate state variables.
So my question is: is it indeed fundamental ?

P.S. comment on line sch_fq_pie.c  should probably be updated