Roger Turk wrote:
>The drive letters don't make any difference.

They do in the case that we can then conclude that it's rather much that
needs to be copied (often true, it might not be). In my case ca 6GB.
However even the LAN idea was to slow using this method (and it didn't work
anyway - using move instead might have worked) so I removed partitions in
FDISK after xcopying everything over.

>I limit the size of my logical drives to less than 125 MB to get the benefit
>of minimal sized clusters.  I also have the logical drives set up based on
>useage, D: is CAD, E: is WordPerfect, F: is FoxPro, etc., so that the
drive's
>FAT contains only data/files pertinent to that drive.

I've got the same set up (one drive letter for each thing), unfortunately
only P(rogramming) and I(nternet) are even close to beeing like I intended.
I have for instance no idea what-so-ever on what Q has for files ;)
For instance I think I've got Turbo Pascal on 3 diffrent drives (diffrent
installs and versions).
//Bernie
http://hem1.passagen.se/bernie/index.htm DOS programs, Star Wars ...