Bernie,

I'm not certain exactly how fast parallel port is; I do know it is much
faster than serial port -- being bi-directional for one reason, and
without certain constraints for another.

Using serial port to serial port [don't ask me why ... it was one of my
"dumb" periods] it took me two days to transfer everything on a 1GB HDD
to the other system HDD using PC Hooker -- which doesn't move hidden
files so I had to do those "by hand."  Why was I doing it?  Can you say
"windoze" ??

l.d.
====

-- Arachne V1.60;b1, NON-COMMERCIAL copy, http://arachne.cz/