On Mon, 2 Oct 2000 07:49:54 +0200, Bernie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Sam wrote:
>>> Nope, the above test only works if the com-port is configured already -
>>> otherwise it will not work.

>> If you will read the opening sentence of my post you would understand
>> that the comport has already been properly configured already.  I felt
>> that my implication was perfectly clear that the modem had to be properly
>> configured before conducting the test.

> The modem is properly configured, the com-port is not ;-)

If the comport is not properly configured, then neither is the modem.
Within the context of what I said, it takes two to tango.  I'm sure you
must understand what I was saying.  I don't understand your point.
Neither test will work if the comport is not configured correctly.  What
I mean by this of course is simply ensuring that the modem will work with
the specified comport.

Regards,

Sam Heywood
-- This mail sent by Arachne, www graphical browser for DOS
-- Visit the Arachne DOS Browser Home Page, http://home.arachne.cz