On Sat, 30 Sep 2000 18:09:55 -0500, Clarence Verge wrote:

> Samuel W. Heywood wrote:

>> Of course your test will not work either unless you have your modem
>> configured correctly and you know which comport it is set up for.

> There is no configuration required except installation, or in the case
> of an external, connection of the cable to.

> It will work immediately if you know what port the modem is set for.
> If you guess wrong, then the program indicates the modem can't be found
> at that port and you just have another trial to deal with.

Yes, I know.  All of the above applies also to my test, except that
if you guess wrong as to the comport number there is no indication that
the port can't be found.  Before running either test you should already
know what comport the modem is configured for.

Regards,

Sam Heywood
-- This mail sent by Arachne, www graphical browser for DOS
-- Visit the Arachne DOS Browser Home Page, http://home.arachne.cz