Hi Bastiaan and all,

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 01:27:58 +00, Bastiaan Edelman, PA3FFZ wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 18:20:48 +0100, Joerg Dietze wrote:

>> Hi folks,

>> I just uploaded to http://djvomght.bei.t-online.de/PDF2HTM.ZIP a new version of
>> PDF2HTM.

>> Whats new:
>> - bugfix: PDF files containing only 1 page were displayed with this page
>> twice.
>> - English documentation updated

>> Plans for the future (if anyone is interested :-)):
>> - Adding a print function via GS
>> - Adding a archive function via PKZIP or similiar packing prog

>> Regards Joerg
>> -- Arachne V1.71;UE01, NON-COMMERCIAL copy, http://arachne.cz/

> Hi Joerg,
> I found a small bug in the new version of PDF2HTM. I cann't return out
> of the displayed .bmp image.
> Not by the arrow pointing to the left or by "Esc" = go back to previous
> page.

this is caused by the "temporary" HTM file which is created by
htmlgen.exe which contains a redirection to the file frameset.htm
created in the directory specified in the OUTPATH statement in
PDF2HTM.INI. If You step back to this page You are immediately
redirected to frameset.htm. I wanted to have frameset.htm in the same
directory as the other files for easier archiving the converted PDF. If
this is a big problem i could make this configurable in one of the next
versions.

> BTW: IMHO the frame with the pagenumbers can better be placed at the top
> of the page... or at the bottom next to "NEXT".

Hm, should be no problem, too, to put some kind of PLACEOFNAVIGATION
statement into PDF2HTM.INI :-).

> Is it possible to make a ps or pdf from a bmp?
> I always thought the PS printing in Arachne would print images too but
> when I covert the PS output to pdf with gostscript only text is in the
> file.

AFAIK, there is no DOS software to do this. If You want to print a PDF
it's better to do this with GS (will be added in next version of
PDF2HTM).

Regards Joerg