On 2/14/07, Gabriel Linder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sergey Manucharian wrote:
> > After the latest system update (a couple days ago) I found, that my
> > automount is not working anymore. The problem is
> > that /etc/autofs/auto.misc file has been overwritten by the default
> > one... I had a lot of devices configured in this file...
> > Should I report a bug or I'm missing something?
> You should add this to your pacman.conf, along with similar lines :
> NoUpgrade = /etc/autofs/auto.misc
>
> It will prevent overwriting, creating a /etc/autofs/auto.misc.pacnew
> with the new default configuration instead. The same apply for any file
> you do not want pacman to overwrit (such as /etc/fstab, which is
> NoUpgrade by default).
>
> I don't get why this isn't the default comportement for /etc files anyway...

Most of these files should be taken care of by their respective
package- that is the point of the backup array in PKGBUILDs. File a
bug against the package if you believe a file should be in the backup
array. Things like fstab are already covered in their respective
packages (although it is recommended you wait to remove these lines
from NoUpgrade until after pacman3 is released and the package has
been upgraded once, if I remember the bug correctly).

-Dan