Am Sonntag, 7. Oktober 2007 schrieb Xavier:
> On Sun, Oct 07, 2007 at 12:42:48PM +0200, solsTiCe d'Hiver wrote:
> > hi, guys,
> > some of you might remember an email i sent the 30th of july
> > http://archlinux.org/pipermail/arch/2007-July/015102.html
> > when i lost my internet connexion because some guy updated the libpcap
> > package but not the ppp package before some day.
> >
> > and guess what .... they did it ... AGAIN !
> >
> > so i said it politly the other time.
> > this time i am angry and irritated
> >
> > UPDATE the fucking PPP PACKAGE the same DAY than the fucking libpcap
> > PACKAGE !
>
> Wait, you already did that mistake once, and you do it again? Are you
> stupid? If you just upgrade blindly without checking first, then you
> totally deserve what happened.
> Even if you did this stupid mistake, you should keep old working packages
> in the cache, so that you can easily downgrade when it breaks.
>
> Besides, the ppp package has already been bumped :
> http://cvs.archlinux.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/support/ppp/PKGBUILD.diff?r1=1
>.21&r2=1.22&cvsroot=Core&only_with_tag=CURRENT

Please calm down all a bit,
i apolozige for overlooking the issue that all apps build against the
hardcoded version of libpcap and not the .so file.  I rebuilt all apps in the
morning and all should be fine now, the libpcap issue should be gone soon.
10 hours the package was online without rebuilds.

greetings
tpowa

--
Tobias Powalowski