Hi Lakshman,

+1 for two options in EMM

1. White list is enabled or not
2. Which app store is used to provide the white list

But the operation I think it is very expensive.
1. Getting app list from the device ( If user has multiple devices, you
need to get them separately)
2. Sending all of them to app manager to check the compliance.
3. Then block apps which do not comply with each devices.

Following operation would be much easy.
1. Getting subscribed app list from the user in app manager.
2. Sending that app list to user's devices for white listing.

On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 5:32 AM, Lakshman Udayakantha <lakshm...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> [...]
> should be an API in app manager to return true if application list has
> access to the user and if not return false with application list which is
> not access by user and if there is mismatch emm will pass with relevant
> application list to device to block them or uninstall.
>
> Please comment if you have any concern about this approach.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 5:47 PM, Lakshman Udayakantha <lakshm...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> After bit of discussion with EMM team, it is decided to move creation of
>> white list policy to the app manager it self. We will provide a
>> configuration whether white list is enabled or not. If white list enabled
>> in the configuration, a new policy will created in EMM when new application
>> is going to publish. All other later application will be added to existing
>> white list policy when they are going to publish. This new policy will list
>> in policy list and can be edit later to add a new policy criteria.
>>
>> When considering policy compliance, EMM will request application list
>> with roles and update the existing policy and will request installed
>> application list from device and will compare both for compliance Or
>> another option would be to update the existing policy when something happen
>> in app manager that would break existing app to role mapping. Ex:
>>
>> 1. Remove a role from a user
>> 2. Remove a role from an application
>>
>> and request installed application list from device and check both for
>> compliance.
>>
>> Another thing is these application restrictions will be implement based
>> on COPE at initial stage. BYOD scenario will be considered later because of
>> the complications mentioned in previous reply.
>>
>> WDYT about this approach?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 3:26 PM, Lakshman Udayakantha <lakshm...@wso2.com
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Hi DilanA/EMM Team,
>>>
>>> @DilanA :Thanks for the information.
>>>
>>> I have assumed policy creator know the package names of the applications
>>> which need to be restricted in the device and implemented the mdm policy UI
>>> for app restriction list and able to publish the restriction list to the
>>> device successfully as the first step.
>>>
>>> Some terminology has been changed after this thread initialised. As of
>>> now If AWL is enabled we will provide role based application access. Policy
>>> creator will define application white list with set of roles along with the
>>> application. Only those roles will be able to access the application. If
>>> ABL is enabled, policy creator will define black list via the UI and those
>>> application list will not be allowed to run on any device.
>>>
>>> @EMM Team: I got several questions regarding the restriction apps using
>>> mobile agent app.
>>> 1. If we provide AWL, only those applications will show in app manager
>>> store. Other app stores, side loading and google play store needs to be
>>> blocked. This kind of behaviour can be provided only via system app(which
>>> is now developing) for COPE situation. What kind of solution are we going
>>> to provide for BYOD scenario?
>>> 2. If we provide ABL, we need to restrict the application execution and
>>> installation. Again this will be feasible with COPE scenario because of the
>>> system app. But for BYOD scenario, according to posts I have read there is
>>> no broadcasts for application launch event or application install start
>>> events. So one option would be to create a periodically running background
>>> service which search for application that are running in the foreground and
>>> blocking that app if found in restriction list. WDYT about this approach?
>>> Anyway even via this approach, It is not possible to detect which
>>> application is installing at the moment of checking. In that case how we
>>> blocking app installation. Any idea to resolve this is much appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks

>>> Lakshman Udayakantha
>>> WSO2 Inc. www.wso2.com
>>> lean.enterprise.middleware
>>> Mobile: *0714388124*
>>>

>> --
>> Lakshman Udayakantha
>> WSO2 Inc. www.wso2.com
>> lean.enterprise.middleware
>> Mobile: *0714388124*
>>

> --
> Lakshman Udayakantha
> WSO2 Inc. www.wso2.com
> lean.enterprise.middleware
> Mobile: *0714388124*

Chatura Dilan Perera
*Senior Software Engineer** - WSO2 Inc.*
www.dilan.me