> ​Initial discussion was to run this tasks at midnight, because all the
> substitution start at beginning of a day.

Ok, now I understand what you meant initially.

> Since we are moving to time-stamp based approach, we will not required to
> calculate this ​for all users; but calculate for some users (if there are
> transitive substitutes.), when a substitution of an user starts.

 Agreed.

> ​Who will trigger this event. ?

It is a task, that will be scheduled when the substitution is created. What
I meant is we can '*think*' about that as a timed *event *since it's per
user. It don't matter, really.

To summarize: +1 for the task approach where only one user is handled in
the task.

--
With regards,
*Manu*ranga Perera.