Hi Everyone,

I am working on $subject as part of the effort in trying to provide dig
down analytics for devices.

The resulting graph would look something like the following (Please
disregard portion reading connected-unterminated), with the help of [1] and
will give an would indicate whether the device in question was able to get
back to IoT Server in a timely manner at the expected monitoring frequency
specified.
[image: Inline image 1]
*Source: [2]*

Whilst attempting this I noticed that we do not have an auditing mechanism
in place to record important activities, as yet. If you take this flow, for
example, the monitoring frequency is something configurable and will change
from time to time. We need to know at which point the transition was made.

Therefore I propose, that we come up with a central audit table to record
system activities, like updates to platform configurations, in a central
table. Each activity can have a logging code, and we can purge these
records from time to time, based on data growth.

I also propose that we, take out the option for users to enable/disable
data publishing from the agent side, and make it implicit. The agent by
default makes a call to the server to send device information, instead of
making the device make another call to DAS to provide location information,
we can derive the location information at the server side from the device
information payload and push it to DAS.

Please feel free to weigh in your thoughts.

[1] - https://bl.ocks.org/mbostock/4063318
[2] -
https://www.digi.com/resources/documentation/digidocs/90001150/reference/r_rep_device_connections.htm

Thanks and Regards,