Hi,

As this is the heart beat monitoring scenario I don't think location data
or other device status related information should be there with the
periodic message. As there are many devices in the system and because the
time interval of the heart beat signal should be minimized as possible (to
detect the failed devices as soon an possible) the message should be light
in weight as possible. Theoretically an empty single UDP packet is enough
to do the heart beating signaling. If we can implement some UDP event
receiver may be this heart beating can be used throughout the platform for
the purpose of monitoring server heartbeat. WDYT?

Thanks.

*Maninda Edirisooriya*
Senior Software Engineer

*WSO2, Inc.*lean.enterprise.middleware.