From: arie-l-boun...@mailman2.u.washington.edu
[arie-l-boun...@mailman2.u.washington.edu] On Behalf Of jal...@ucsc.edu
[jal...@ucsc.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2011 7:17 PM
To: Discussion of the Ariel Document Transmission System
Subject: [ARIE-L] Items disappearing...or scanned but not showing up in the
Send Queue

Hi All,
I'm experiencing a phenomena that I've seen before, but
can't quite remember the cause...and I'm not sure I ever
in fact knew what it was in the first place.  We are
sending items via Ariel to other Ariel IP addresses and
upon sending the item (or ending the scan session) the
send queue cycles through as if it were being triggered,
however, the document I have scanned does not appear in
the send queue and the # of documents in the send queue
doesn't increase, so it seems that the documents which
have been scanned are basically vaporizing.
I thought I had seen this happen in the past when the
queue was full, but there are only 67 documents currently
in there.
Does anyone know what might be happening?
I tried sending a document to our own IP address, but
nothing showed up in our delivery...as well as our send
queue.
Thanks...in anticipation!

Josh Alper, U.C. Santa Cruz