Folks, we have had a problem for the last few days where Ariel (v.3.4,
Windows 2000) will successfully send a document to a receiving library,
but not realize it, and so resend, again and again, until we delete the
file from the Send Queue.

The key line in the log reads: Send aborted... 999  No response from
receiving machine

 (Receiving seems to be OK.)

I've worked with our local IT people and Infotrieve tech support, and we
have not been able to isolate the cause. Even did a complete reinstall
of Ariel 3.4, but the problem persists.

Has anyone else out there experienced this and found a solution? I
checked the archives, and the most relevant idea there, that Send and
Receive have to be turned on in Preferences, is definitely covered.

Thanks, Wally

Waldo C. Babcock, Librarian
Charles J. Meder Library
Finger Lakes Community College