These are very interesting questions!  This would clearly affect the
decision to have children in one of two ways (that I can think of):
1.  Couples would have fewer children if they had to purchase a share
for each child they had.
2.  Couples would have more children if they were granted a share for
each child they had.

I'm sure there are many more consequences, though.

--
John A. Viator, Ph.D.
Beckman Laser Institute