It's not clear (to me, anyway.)  If new people were extremely
productive, it seems that managers may want to encourage that type of
person to be born, so they may give parents free shares for the
child.  If new people aren't very productive, then giving away shares
for free doesn't make much sense.

--
John A. Viator, Ph.D.
Beckman Laser Institute