Hi Sabrina.

The Unit_ID can be any "transcript cluster" identifier of your
choice.  The easiest may be to use the Affymetrix transcript cluster
identifier itself ... available from:

http://www.affymetrix.com/analysis/downloads/current_exon/MoEx-1_0-st-v1.mm9.probeset.csv.zip

See the 'transcript_cluster_id' column.  Perhaps only take the "core"
probes, as defined in the the 'level' column?

Note: we used Ensembl in that flat2Cdf() example since we were using a
custom organization (i.e. non-Affy) of the probesets.

Cheers,
Mark

On 11/06/2009, at 10:58 PM, sabrina wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> Presumably, you will be comfortable with the Exon Array's 'probetab'
>> file by now and possibly the Affymetrix annotation CSV file and so
>> you
>> should have access to all this information.
>>
>> For example, from the following table:
>>
>> mac1618:HuEx-1_0-st-v2.probe.tab mrobinson$ head HuEx-1_0-st-
>> v2.probe.tab
>> Probe ID        Probe Set ID    probe x probe y assembly
>> seqname start   stop
>> strand  probe sequence  target strandedness     category
>> 494998  2315101 917     193     build-34/hg16   chr1    1788
>> 1812    +
>> CACGGGAAGTCTGGGCTAAGAGACA       Sense   main
>> 1734213 2315101 1092    677     build-34/hg16   chr1    1973
>> 1997    +
>> ACAGGGGCCAGAAGATGAACAATGG       Sense   main
>> 4767517 2315101 796     1862    build-34/hg16   chr1    1992
>> 2016    +
>> ATTAAGTTACATGCAGACAACAGGG       Sense   main
>> 4286427 2315101 986     1674    build-34/hg16   chr1    2006
>> 2030    +
>> TGCCTGGTTGTGGTATTAAGTTACA       Sense   main
>> 5760145 2315102 144     2250    build-34/hg16   chr1    2520
>> 2544    +
>> TCGGCCGTCGTCTTCTGCAGCTCTG       Sense   main
>> 671410  2315102 689     262     build-34/hg16   chr1    2523
>> 2547    +
>> AAGTCGGCCGTCGTCTTCTGCAGCT       Sense   main
>> 4275780 2315102 579     1670    build-34/hg16   chr1    2526
>> 2550    +
>> TCCAAGTCGGCCGTCGTCTTCTGCA       Sense   main
>> 4293462 2315102 341     1677    build-34/hg16   chr1    2531
>> 2555    +
>> TGTGATCCAAGTCGGCCGTCGTCTT       Sense   main
>> 5388    2315103 267     2       build-34/hg16   chr1    2927
>> 2951    +
>> CTGTCTGTCGACCCAGCTGGAGGCA       Sense   main
>> [snip]
>>
>> ... you see the second column is the probeset_id, which would be used
>> as the "Group_ID" column for your flat file.  Depending on whether
>> you
>> are using the Ensembl CDF or the Affymetrix annotation, you would
>> need
>> to create a mapping to get the transcript cluster id column (here,
>> the
>> "Unit_ID").  Everything else you need (Probe_Sequence, X, Y,
>> Probe_ID)
>> is within the table above.
>>
>> Then, it would be just a matter of filtering OUT those probes that
>> overlap a SNP, which based on your mapping exercise, you must have a
>> list of.  Then, make a call to the flat2Cdf() script and hopefully
>> you'll be off and running.
>>
>> Let me know how you go.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Mark
>>
>> On 10/06/2009, at 1:00 PM, sabrina wrote:
>>

>>> Thanks , Mark!
>>> Can you show me /walk me through how to get a new snp-free CDF ? I
>>> finally got the right version of snp and probe mapping so I am ready

Mark Robinson, PhD (Melb)