u see , let's not sepak from a VV-godfather angle. The prob is with
the current youth trend and the absence of ARR on the scene from the
2000s onwards. Ai explained b4, ARR's absence had the trash outputted
by other MDS look and feel good especially Manmatha Rasa.Futhermore
the current teen generation dont know how to appreciate ARR's music.
The 20s and 30s are too preoccupied with their lives.the preteen grpup
is just too young. As u know the teen generation is important for any
trend to catch on.  During the 90s, it was by word of mouth that ARR's
music spread and became popular.

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Ramesh Boopathy"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am a fan of ARRahman.He is a geat musician and some of the works
like
> ,Indian,Rythm, Jeans and Taal is a masterpeice and cannot be touched
by any
> musicians even now.But at the same time we have to accept the fact
that he
> lost his old charm.What's the reason.Has he self satisfied with his
> working.I purchased God Father the songs are good but not great.But
In
> contrast Vetiyadu Vilayadu by Harris is an absolute masterpeice and
> Godfather is going to lose in the show.Why this is Happening.A.R.
rehman
> always leads in the competition but now it is a big ????.When Harris
Jeyaraj