chhookar mere man ko is composed by Rabindranath Tagore.. Anyway,
maybe people are not so sure about his accent-- and well, his past
record in singing.. but Bappi IS, in a big way, 80s indian (read:
disco) music..
By the way, I think his name used to be Bapi Lahiri.. Went to Bangur
School in Tollygunge, Calcutta..

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Ricky" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Talk about overflowing pessimism :)
>
> Apparently, music is now appreciated more on what is the name of
the
> singer, rather than how the song is made and sung! To make
> pre-judgements about anything is obviously going to bias your
overall
> appreciation of anything. As its said, don't judge a book by its
cover!

> FYI, as previously stated, Bappi Lahari is a very talented
individual.
> Melodious numbers from Manzilen apni jagah hai (Sharaabi) to Pag
> Ghungroo band (Namak Halal) to Chalte Chalte (title) to Chookar
mere
> man ko (Yaarana) -- all are touching melodies that will last
forever!
> Do you really question the judgement of Rahman in chosing Bappi?
>
> -Ricky
>
> --- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Kamal Aakarsh Vishnubhotla
> <aakarsh_vk@> wrote:
> >
> > This is one of teh biggest disappointments that rahman gave
> me.Ofcourse, i might change my opinion if the song is
> good..otherwise..i am disappointed.
> >
> >   Regards
> >   Aakarsh.
> >
> > Anish <raahul001@> wrote:
> >     Actually, Bappi was a trendsetter and highly talented compose
> and singer. You will understand if you compare that generation
(80's
> and 90's) music and his level of composition, perfection in mixing
and
> his singing style. Bappi is extremely talented. Only thing is
that, he
> got sunk by some of the bollywood lobby's.
> >
> >   Singing with rahman, be it the worst singer in the world.
Rahman

<catchgops@>
> > wrote:
> > >

> http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?
sectid=10&articleid=52420062238142185242006223751281

> > > Bappida sings for Rahman
> >
> >     " The search is more important than the destination "
> >
> >   - a r rahman -

> >  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> >     Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
> Service.

> > Yahoo! Movies - Search movie info and celeb profiles and photos.
> >
> > Explore, Experience, Enjoy A.R.Rahman - The Man, The Music, The
Magic.
> > Only at arrahmanfans.com - The definitive A.R.Rahman e-community.
> >
> > Homepage: http://www.arrahmanfans.com
> > Admin: admin@
> > To Subscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > To Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> >         Country music artists   Christian music artists   New
music
> artists     New country music artists   Unsigned music artist

> >  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> >     Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
> Service.

> > Blab-away for as little as 1ยข/min. Make  PC-to-Phone Calls using
> Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.

Country music artists Christian music artists New country music artists
New music artists Unsigned music artist

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS