Only a handful of people, if that, can remix a song with respect to the
original and even improving on the original. As long as it is done within
the rules of law and more, importantly, it is done tastefully, I see
absolutely nothing wrong with remixing an old song to make it presentable to
the younger generation. Thottal Poo Malarum was an incredible remix in my
opinion. If you get a chance listen to the American Jazz/Rock group Steely
Dan's cover of Duke Ellington's instrumental composition 'East St. Louis
Toodle-oo,' now that's an unbelievable improvement on the original. Gives me
goosebumps everytime I listen to that Wah-Wah guitar!! That is a different
kind of music from ARR, but it's genius all the same!

>From: "prakash_raptors" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [arr] Senior reporter warns A.R. Rahman
>Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 13:57:08 -0000
>

>http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/jan-07-03/18-01-07-a-r-rahman.html
>
>I dun understand why is he getting irritated that ARR remixed the old
>song?
>Isn't that a window to acknowledge old songs the younger generations?
>In fact what did ARR do to deserve this warning?
>Did he remixed the song in such an insulting way?
>No..he just breath life into it..It's just like repainting an old
>building..The building will be the same, only the paint is new..
>I hope people would really understand the meaning of remix..Not just
>any silly disco remixes with beats and scratches..
>Wat ARR did was very melodious, and I'm proud that it became a
>trendstter for the Tamil Music Industry...
>
>Regards,
>Prakash

Type your favorite song.  Get a customized station.  Try MSN Radio powered
by Pandora. http://radio.msn.com/?icid=T002MSN03A07001

Are you searching for a reason, to be kind?
<b>

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: