In general I am against remixes of old songs, since that is looking
backward.  Instead of looking at yesteryear classics why not try to
create new songs that will be classics tomorrow?  This is why I am
bothered by remakes of old films like Billa, Naan Avanillai, and even
re-using the titles of classic films to evoke those films' memory.

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, PRATAP KRISHNAN
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Maybe he does not want to disapoint the original composers. In a
function to honour MSV which was attended by A.R., i remeber MSV
telling that he was very happy with the Totthal Poo Malarum retune
because he RETUNED the song but not spoiling the original song by
adding some foreign sounds into it. He also said that new MDs are
spoiling his songs by adding noisy foreign sounds in the name of
REMIX. Maybe thats why A.R. is not interested in Remixes...